The End Of An Era

Six years ago we bought a crib. I was barely pregnant with Charlotte we couldn't wait to set it up. I decorated her tiny nursery with rubber duckies and painted the walls with glittery bubbles. It was the only room I missed when we moved because I had put so much love into creating it for her.

Then a few years later that crib was moved to Evan's room and I decorated his nursery with bugs... lots and lots of cute, happy bugs.
.
.
.
Here he is.... almost 3 years old standing in his crib for the last time. He looks so big, doesn't he? I guess I never noticed until now.

This morning we took down the crib....




and set up the beautiful, antique bed that was given to me by a friend. It's heavy brass bed that has a beautiful, deep brown patina over much of it. It's a 3/4 bed (in between a twin and a full) but it has a twin mattress on it.

The fact that the mattress is a bit small is a bonus. It makes the perfect step to help him climb into bed.
.
I'm not going to redecorate his room right now. I didn't want to make too many changes for him all at once. Plus, I'm putting off painting over those bugs as long as I can!



He is so excited about his big boy bed.



He and Charlotte played in it for 2 hours this morning.




This is not a baby's bed.

He's growing up and it's so exciting. A small part of me will miss that crib but I'm mostly excited for him. There's so much in this world he can explore now that he's getting older.
.
I just looked in the video monitor and he's fast asleep for his nap. He's sleeping sideways. It only took him 10 minutes to fall asleep. I guess he likes his new bed.
My big boy.....