A Tote Bag {Made as part of my wool skirt project}

Remember last week I told you about being given a bunch of wool skirts/slacks to make things from? Last week I showed you the fun I have been having making flowers out of their lining. Today's "show and tell" is a easy to make tote bag with a few more of those flowers as decoration.

  I liked the plaid wool, it reminds me of skirts my mom wore when I was a kid, and it turned into a very cute bag I think. I used wool from both the plaid skirt and a charcoal grey skirt. I cut the main pieces from the plaid skirt and then I cut a piece for the bottom and for handles out of the charcoal skirt. I did also make a pocket from the plaid. This tote was very fast to sew up (I made it similarly to this tutorial) and then I had fun adding flowers as decorations.


I love quick and easy projects that upcycle old things!
What have you been making lately?

This is linked to:
and