Charlotte's First Day Of Kindergarten

Decked out in her fuschia outfit (turns out she already had fuschia socks and shoes), Charlotte was ready for school this morning. It has been a tradition in my family since I started kindergarten to take flowers to your teacher on the first day of school. Charlotte picked out purple mums for her teachers this year.
She loves her Dora bookbag that Jon got her in New York City a few years ago.


This just might be my favorite picture of her.

Here is Charlotte standing outside of her classroom this morning. I love this palm tree. Not only is it cute, it's also really easy for her to see down the hall so she can find her room on her own without getting anxious. (Okay, fine, it was probably me who was anxious that she wouldn't be able to find her room. What can I say, she's been my baby for so many years. It's hard to admit she doesn't need me as much as I think she does)



And here she was getting off of the bus this afternoon. After brief panic over the bus driver telling me there was no Charlotte on the bus, we found her with the help of the kids around her. The seat backs are so tall and she's so little that you couldn't see her sitting next to the window. I don't think she realized that it was her stop so she was enjoying looking out of the window. The bus driver felt bad for not realizing she was on the bus and assured me that she would look out for her next time.
.
Charlotte has been telling me all about her day. She's changed her favorite part of her day a few times since coming home but they include playing with playdough this morning, watching the smart board design while listening to music during rest time, and a funny scavenger hunt. She said the cafeteria was really loud but fun. Recess was hot but she liked the slide. She thought it was cool that the computer lab was upstairs. There are 4 stalls in the girls bathroom and paper towels which is good because she doesn't like hand dryers. Riding on the bus was loud and hot but she liked watching the stop sign swing out at each stop.
.
It's almost bedtime now and she's so tired that she has the giggles that won't stop. She can't wait to go back to school on Monday!