Laughing and learning in Proverbs

A book of the Bible that has long been a favorite of mine is Proverbs. Some of the reasons are: it has short little sayings that are easy to understand, many of them make me chuckle yet while I am laughing I am learning too.

 I have been reading through Proverbs lately (and as I have a new Bible I have been having fun underlining all the ones that especially speak to me- it is rather fun to have a new Bible!) and have been finding many of those verse that make my chuckle but teach me at the same time. I thought I would share some of them with you too:

   When you read them you have to try and picture them too!

"It is better to live in a corner of the roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman." Proverbs 25:24 (and it wasn't good enough to have it just once, it is also in Proverbs 21:9)
This verse reminds me of the sort of wife I should be, I don't want Ken wishing that he was living up on our roof instead.

"Like a bad tooth and an unsteady foot is confidence in a faithless man in time of trouble." Proverbs 25:19
This is a reminder both on who we put our confidence in and also what sort of person we are. I certainly don't want to be compared to a bad tooth or an unsteady foot!

"Like one who takes a dog by the ears is he who passes by and meddles with strife not belonging to him." Proverbs 26:17
I think this is a reminder to "mind your own business".

"He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, It will be reckoned a curse to him." Proverbs 27:14
Not everyone is a morning person.

"A constant dripping on a day of steady rain and a contentious woman are alike." Proverbs 27:15
I do not want to be like a drip, drip, drip.

Do you have any favorite funny proverbs? These are just a beginning!