No One Told Me There Was An Earthquake....


This was Charlotte's room as of Monday. It's amazing what a 5 year old can do to a room. The thing that blows me away is that she saw nothing wrong with it. She continued to play in there each day and somehow didn't break any bones. Each night I would ask her to clear a path for us to be able to reach her bed without falling.
While she was having a sleep-over at Nana and Grandpa's earlier this week, I set to work. Usually she would be in charge of cleaning her own room (I don't plan to ever clean her room for her after she's about 6 or 7) but this mess was bigger then she could handle. She also hates to throw anything away so I knew this was up to me... then up to her to keep clean after I found the floor again.
After almost 3 hours.....


Wow, there was a floor under all that mess after all. She was thrilled by her room. She's been doing a great job keeping it clean and I double check before bed each night to be sure she's put things where they belong and not under her bed. (this child reminds me so much of my sister and my husband when it comes to cleaning)
Now we're one step closer to being ready for school to start.