Busy, Busy October

October is proving to be a fun but incredibly busy month. October has always been a busy month since Jon is a high school band director. He is working about 70 hours a week between practices, football games, and competitions. So, we try to squeeze in family time whenever we can.
Last weekend we had a great visit from our families. Jon's parents and sister, my dad, brother, and sister all came for Charlotte's birthday and to see Jon's band perform.
Charlotte, Suzanne, and Grammy had fun playing Memory.

Papa and Evan played on the floor of the kitchen while I cooked dinner. Dad, can you come over and entertain him every night so I can cook in peace??

The next morning, Charlotte helped me spread icing on her birthday cake.


Presents!
Yes, I used Christmas wrapping paper.



More presents!




Cake at 9:00 in the morning. Nothing like a sugar rush to start the day. We had to squeeze in time for cake and presents before Jon had to leave to go to the competition.
Katie, can you move closer? Please!!??



Uncle Chris gave Charlotte a princess bubble wand that created tons of bubbles when Charlotte would spin.


We took advantage of the beautiful day and spent a lot of the morning trying to let the kids burn off some energy.


"See my bus, Grandpa?"




Katie fixed Chris's hair for him. Have I mentioned how fun it is to have a brother with hair long enough to style?


Can you see the final hair style? Katie put it up in side ponytail braids. I think Evan is trying to get a closer look at his hair.

.
We were sad to see everyone have to go home Saturday night and Sunday morning. We had such a great, busy time with everyone. I wish we all lived closer.
.
.
On Sunday, we met up with my mom and Mark and went to the Farm Fest at Rising Meadow Farm. We had such a good time last year so I was excited to go back. Nana and Grandpa offered to drive Charlotte and Evan in their van so Jon and I could drive the hour in peace and quiet. I couldn't thank them enough. After such a busy weekend, having an hour to talk to Jon without any interruption was so nice.
The kids really loved the ice cream. Evan had banana ice cream.

Charlotte had vanilla.

We got to see lots of fiber animals, including these little angora goats which produce the fiber known as mohair. There were llamas, alpacas, sheep, rabbits.... and I forgot to take pictures of almost all of them. I think I was a wee bit tired that day.

Evan watched the sheep dog demonstration with Nana and Grandpa... though I think this is the only moment he held still the whole afternoon. Going without naps for the whole weekend left him a bit wired. Okay, "a bit" might be an understatement!

Charlotte (in pink) sat in the front row to watch the herding dog get a group of Indian Runner ducks up the ramp and into the wading pool.
We all had a good time but I think we were so tired from our weekend that napping on the couch would have been fun too.
That evening we went to the rodeo at the fair but that's a post for tomorrow. I think there's enough pictures in this post for today.