A Bit Of Our Day

This morning Charlotte requested "a lot of ponytails". Is eight a lot?? :)

Charlotte finished her first 100 piece puzzle all by herself.


The tomatoes on the patio are ripening. Evan ate every one of the red ones while we were playing outside.

I knew I needed to pick beans today. I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather for the job. It was really cloudy and only about 75 degrees when I got to work on the beans. I was surprised how many beans were ready!
I picked atleast a 1/3 of a bushel! More on what I did with all the beans in the next post. I also harvested 4 zucchini and the last big head of broccoli along with a few side shoots.
Here are the 4 varieties of beans I'm growing... (left to right)"Pickin' & Grinnin' (gotta love that name), Jade, Kentucky Blue, Fortex.

And the last picture from our morning.... My lunch. :) I actually made this soup yesterday afternoon. I love making a big pot of soup at the beginning of the week and then having it for lunch each day. No one else in this house will eat soup so I get it all to myself :) This soup is a veggie soup with zucchini, potato, carrots, and celery. Whenever I make bread, I freeze it in half loaf bags so I can pull out a half loaf of bread whenever I make soup.
So, I put the kids down for a nap, sit down with my soup and buttered bread, and turn on "The Next Food Network Star". Life doesn't get much better then that. :)