What do these two dishes have in common?

Fudge BrowniesSweet Potato Fries

Give up?
They both contain Sweet Potato! I know with the fries it's obvious but believe it or not, the brownies have sweet potato puree in them... and yes, they're delicious! Here are the recipes.


Sweet Potato Fries
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into french fry size. Toss with a bit of oil and salt. Put them on a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the tips brown. These will not be crunchy like french fries. They stay pretty soft but man are they sweet! The salt on them really brings out their flavor. This is my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes.


Fudge Brownies
While waiting at the doctor's office one day, I was reading a Martha Stewart magazine (she usually makes me want to gag but this time I found an interesting article). This article said that people often use applesauce as a substitute for oil in recipes but it can make things taste a bit fruity. They suggest using sweet potato puree as a substitute for some of the fat in these brownies since it gives a rich flavor and texture.
We love these brownies. They are fudgy and dense without being chewy. They hit the spot when I want something sweet and chocolately.... and as long as I don't think about how good my mom's real brownies are, I'm happy with these. :)
Make sure to cook them until the middle seems firm when you gently press it. If you don't, they'll be too gooey to take out of the pan.
Here's the article... the recipe link is at the end of the first paragraph where it says "fudge brownies".
We'll see how long the pan of brownies last in this house. :)