My Perfectly Imperfect Shawl




I don't often knit for myself. I decided that it was about time I knitted a garment for myself. I decided on a simple shawl. I knit it from sock yarn and used medium sized needles so it would be a lightweight, open weave shawl. I picked a yarn that had swirls of silvery blue shades to help hide cat hair :)
The imperfect part of this shawl is in the detail that goes down the center. Can you see how it's not straight near the top. I messed up at some point... I realized it... then I had to decide whether to take out knitting that had taken me many hours or to leave it. Then I had an idea.... this shawl will be a reminder to me that just because something isn't perfect, doesn't mean it isn't wonderful the way it is. I tend to have perfectionistic qualities from time to time and tend to be hard on myself. I need to remember that "The bad news is that I'm not perfect, the good news is I don't have to be". :) Hence, the "Perfectly Imperfect" Shawl was born :)
For those of you who are knitters... here are the details..
1 1/2 skeins of Comfort Sock yarn, size 8 needles
I followed the Simple Yet Effective pattern off of Ravelry