My favorite desert and Tea Time snack

Asalam Alaikum,
Jelebis are my absolute favorite sweet snack. They are sort of like a funnel cake that you find at a fair, but after being fried they are immersed in a cardamom flavored sugar syrup. The outside stays crispy but the inside soaks up the syrup. Sometimes they are a light brown color and sometimes food coloring is added to make them a bright orange.

When we were still in the US it was possible to find jelebis but they weren't always very fresh(although I couldn't tell, they tasted great to me). When we got to Abu Dhabi it was a bit easier to find them but the Tariq kept saying to wait because the jelebis in Pakistan were better. The first time I had a jelebi in Pakistan I couldn't believe how delicious it was. Here in Karachi jelebis are freshly made in the afternoons just before Tea Time, so when Tariq brings them they are crispy and hot.

Here is my favorite Tea Time snack-a hot cup of chai, some poppers(another day another post, InshAllah), and of course jelebis-