Crazy-Good Chocolate Cupcakes

Okay, I promise that I'll stop tempting everyone with delicious baked goods AFTER I tell you about the cupcakes I baked the other day. We were invited over to a friend's house for dinner and I offered to bring dessert. I love baking when I get a chance to leave most of the baked goods behind. It's my way of making sure I don't over do it on high calorie foods.


The cake part of these cupcakes are Ina Garten's Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. It calls for a can of Hershey's Syrup but I could only find the big bottle. Since a 16oz can of syrup is actually measured by weight, use 1 1/2 cups of syrup if it's from a bottle.

The recipe says it makes 12 cupcakes but I didn't fill mine up all the way so it made 17. Since there's not leavening in the recipe, I could have filled them pretty darn close to the top.


Now, to the frosting...
I tried Pioneer Woman's Sticky Chocolate Icing. I loved that it set up firm enough to make transporting the cupcakes pretty easy. It firms up to a soft fudge consistency. Simple enough... chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter... it firms up as soon as it cools so spread fast!

Add sprinkles and there you go.... ready to take to the cookout!





These cupcakes were fantastic! I will also try the cupcake recipe as a cake one day. It had a light brownie feel and taste. They were moist... even days later.
Now, if only I can find a yellow cake recipe that I loved as much as this one.....