Iftar Feasts

Asalam Alaikum,

These are some of the things that we generally ate during Ramadan for Iftar-
First Dates(and water) to break the fast-


Then some Rooh Afza juice-

If you have never had this stuff it is really good, and is easily available in most places I have been. In the states you can generally find it at any Pakistani/Indian/Arabic grocery, and here in Abu Dhabi I have seen it in most Co-ops, Emirates General markets and I think even in Carrefour and Lulu. It is sort of like Kool-aid but it tastes a bit like a flower smells(if that makes any sense). It is really delicious when it is served cold with a squeeze of lemon.

Then some fresh fruit, sliced and in a Fruit Chaat(spicy fruit salad)



We also had Chana Chaat. This chaat was made with black chickpeas, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, tamarind juice, and Shan Chaat Masala(enough product plugs yet? really I should get paid for this!)


Sometimes we would also have Harees

Harees is so tasty, If I could eat it everyday, I would.

These are Samosa, basically a savory pastry with a potato stuffing. I made these myself and everyone likes them so much that there is never any leftovers!