Flower projects

 I think February is going to be a big project month around here. Partly because when I do my job I am paid to do projects and this is a busy month for my business (Wedding floral work). This past Sunday I had a booth at a wedding expo and so various projects came from that.

This first one was one I was able to do so recycling with. I love to recycle with projects as much as possible. I have made petal baskets in the past but usually they have been round. (You can see my tutorial here.) But we happened to have a bunch of milk cartons around (Milk in cartons was on a really good sale recently!) and I happened to think that they might work for a basket base.

After cutting the milk carton down to the desired height I then covered it with batting. Then I sewed a fabric "box" out of a fabric scrap and put it over top the carton. For the handle I used a plastic band thing that came around my flower boxes when they were delivered. I sewed ribbon on both sides of it. Then I hot glued everything together. I didn't line it yet but I think it would look better if I did. Also like that it is a bit plain.

A ribbon dresses it up a little and it would also look cute with a little flower attached to the side. I see lots of possibilities for creativity.


I also had lots of fun making things with flowers this past weekend so I thought I would share a few pictures:

An arrangment in an ice pedastool. These always look very elegant and attract quite a bit of attention at the bridal shows.

This was something new I tried: A flower cube (the sides were covered with real mums and then I used a little variety on top. Then I put a twig in it which I hung candles from.

I attached the ribbon to these this weekend as well to make these little hanging candle holders.


I had lots of fun working with purples and pinks.
Here I am at the show. My lovely sister Keren joined me to help out. Thanks Keren! She also took some pictures. The show was quite successful for which I am thankful.


I am linking this post to....