Okay, Be Honest


Thank you so much, Lori from Run Lori Run for tagging me for the Honest Scrap Award! I'm honored. This award goes to bloggers who "put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul."
So, as a recipient of this award, I must share 10 honest things about myself. This was a fun challenge for me.


1. I was the 1995 Farm Queen in our county. It was a lot of fun. It wasn't a typical pageant. You had to be knowledgeable about farming and represent the Farm Bureau well. It was a lot of fun and I got a scholarship from it.
I also got to ride on the back of convertibles in parades. I'm standing waiting for my ride in the parade with my mom.


I asked to ride behind a tractor in the Fair parade though because I thought it was only fitting for a Farm Queen to ride behind a tractor. You should have seen how they shined up that bright green John Deere for the parade. They decorated a flatbed trailer behind it with straw bales, corn stalks, and pumpkins. It was so pretty. Sure, my friends would tease me and ask if I had to wrestle greased pigs to win but I had a great time.






2. If I could be anywhere in the whole world it would be camping at Kerr Lake. I've camped there almost every year since I was born. You camp under the pine trees only 30 feet or so from the lake. We went for a week last year and I didn't want to leave. This year we'll be going for 2 weeks. I can't wait!



3. My favorite color is royal blue. I made my bridesmaids dresses and they were royal blue and black. My kitchen used to be painted royal blue and yellow. My plates are blue.



4. My least favorite household chore is putting laundry away. I don't mind the rest of the laundry process but I can't seem to make myself put all the clean, folded laundry away.



5. I don't have a cell phone and I don't plan to get one. Jon has one that I'll use if I'm traveling but otherwise, I like the fact that I can't be contacted constantly. I like singing to the radio or talking to the kids while I'm driving instead of chatting on the phone.


6. My favorite shows are Top Chef, Project Runway, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (the one on BBCA, not Fox!), and my guiltiest pleasure... Celebrity Rehab.




7. My all time favorite food (that I unfortunately haven't eaten since moving from Maryland 4 years ago) is a donut called a Vanilla Angel from Donut Connection. It's a powdered donut with a vanilla buttercream filling. It's heaven and I miss it.... sure it gives me a stomach ache due to the amount of fat and sugar in it but it's so worth it!


8. I buy seeds to grow in my garden for veggies I've never eaten before. Last year I grew parsnips and luckily I found that I like them. This year I've ordered seeds for golden beets, rutabagas, and turnips... all things I've never tasted. I'm hoping I'll like them.


9. I am a huge Pittsburgh Steelers Fan! Troy Polamalu.... not sure if it's the hair or the Tasmanian Devil way that he plays but I really like that guy.




10. Some women dream about a certain pair of high heels or that perfect purse... not me... don't own any high heels and the only purse I've ever loved is my current one made by my sister. I dream about Kitchenaid mixers and Nikon cameras.
One day...... one day....
Forget Jimmy Choo and Gucci ... these are where it's at.




So, now I'd like to pass this award to three bloggers/blogs that I love and find inspirational. I TAG Katiegirl, Mainely Ewe's Farm, Squash Blossom Farm !