Suzanne's Hat and Mitten Set

In my gift giving this year, each person has gotten one knitted and one bought gift. My sister-in-law Suzanne's knitted gift was a mitten and hat set. Her favorite color is purple and I found a beautiful purple wool yarn that I paired with a crisp white.


The hat is the Seed Stitch Hat from Lion Brand Yarn. I love seed stitch. I love the nubby texture and the squishy-ness it creates. I knit the hat as written in the pattern. The yarn is Cascade Quatro in color 5015. I love Cascade yarns as a rule and Quatro is becoming a favorite of mine. Each of the four strands are a slightly different color so it gives a really neat effect when you knit with it.
The mitten pattern was the "Easy Mittens" from One Skein Wonders but I added my own cuff. I used size 4 needles to knit a matching seed stitch cuff in Quatro color # 5015. I switched back to size 6 needles to knit the hand in Cascade 220 color 8505. I knit the size adult small mittens.
Suzanne, I hope this set helps to keep you warm this winter.