Giving thanks for all things


"O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will give thanks to Thy name; For Thou hast worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness." Isaiah 25:1

We like a clean house. Ken is especially fond of orderlyness. One of the ways I can show my love to my husband is by keeping things tidy. And actually I like to clean. You wouldn't always guess it by looking at my house (I guess maybe there are other things I like to do more) but I do think it is fun. I like seeing the change that comes when you get rid of dirt and clutter. I find cleaning to be rewarding. Today I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that I am thank-ful for in helping to keep our home clean and tidy....


#364 A broom and dustpan. I think sweeping is pretty fun and I like the quietness of it! :-) After a messy meal, some major crafting and a little tromping in and out it is amazing what a big pile I can make when I do a little sweeping!

#365 Homemade and natural cleaners. Basically all of them I have learned how to make from other bloggers and I am very thankful for that.

#366 Lots of cloth rags. They are indespensible for cleaning!

#367 Time to clean. I am so thank-ful that I can stay home during the day and I can devote Mondays to majorly cleaning up the house.


#368 A simple mop and bucket. I love how the floor shines when I get done!

#369 Music (CDs) to play while I work.

#370 Our Schedule to help me remember what to do.


#371 A sink with running water! Ken teases me about probably wishing I lived one hundred years ago, and in a few ways I would have enjoyed that but for the most part I am so happy to live right now! I am very thank-ful to have indoor plumbing and a water heater.




#372 A vacuum. This is something I never liked as a child (the noise I think) but I do really appreciate my vacuum now. I can just imagine how very gross our floors would be without it!
#373 Our Washer and Dryer. I don't know how I would live without it. I know it can be done but I am very thankful that I don't have to.


#374 Many hands to make work light! Oh how thankful I am for my hands that work and for all my little helpers!

Some other things that I am thankful for this week are:

#375 A new niece ~ Corianna Genivive.

#376 A good sermon at church yesterday.

#377 Fun going skiing as a family.

#378 Mara being able to see betterwith her new glasses.

#379 A warm and cozy house on cold windy days.

#380 God's faithfulness.

holy experience