My First Knitted Sweater.. Complete!!

I picked this particular sweater pattern because it mentioned in the description that it was so easy that it could be a child's first knitting project... Perfect!!



Gosh, I love that boy. He was very excited about his new sweater.

The sweater was knit in 4 pieces and then sewn together. I had to pick up stitches around the neck and then knit in the round for a bit. Both of those skills were new to me but neither was as hard as I expected it to be.


The pattern is called "April Showers" in the book "Knitting the New Classics". I'll be using this pattern again and again since it has adult and kid sizes as well as a cardigan version.
I used Lion Brand "Homespun" yarn in the color "Colonial". I knit for child size 4 and followed the pattern exactly except I only knit 2 inches for the neck ribbing instead of the 3 inches it called for since I didn't want it to come up too high on his neck.
.

I'm so happy to have completed my first sweater. It feels like a great accomplishment. I've already cast on purple yarn to start the same type of sweater for Charlotte!